Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Random times at the Titel's

I am always trying to find new things to write about like everyone else but really we are always just up to random things.
Cody had his 4 year check up with his Dr. a couple of weeks ago and he was coughing a bit and I didn't really think anything of it but his Dr. made us take a nebulizer home and said he needed to have treatments 3x's a day because he was wheezing so bad. I felt bad because I thought he just had a little cold and he never complains about not feeling well. I guess it was worst than I thought. He was first excited because he has a friend that has to do treatments all of the time, but then once he had to sit for 20 minutes and do one himself he was pretty over that and didn't want to do it anymore. Over all Cody is in the average range for weight and height, but it still "very immature" (as the dr. says) when it comes to his speech development. He has made some progress but we still have some work to do in that direction and he will keep attending Speech Therapy.
The day of his appointment was not the best day. His appointment was at 4:00 and the office was so busy when we got there. Parents were just letting their kids run wild in the office. We waited an hour before we got taken back and then another 30 minutes to see the Dr.. After his appointment it took us another hour to get home because of traffic. We were both starving and irritable. When we finally got home at 7:00 I tried to hook up the nebulizer and it wouldn't work. It took me and my neighbors another 45 min. to figure out what was wrong and to fix it so he could have his first treatment. What a horrible night. I was so ready for that day to just be over and to go to bed. But Cody is all better and we are glad to have gotten a good night sleep that night.
Thank goodness for our neighbors (Larry and Debbie)who have a grandson (Tyler) who is Cody's age and is over at least twice a week. It helps us both keep the kids happy and busy and has been so good for Cody in helping with his behavior problems. Cody plays really well with Tyler and his grandparents (Larry and Debbie) treat Cody like one of their own. It really helps on those hard days.
The weather has been so nice lately and Cody loves to go out and hit balls. We are trying to get him ready for T-ball and other sports that we hope he will begin to play next year. We can't wait. He seems to really enjoy sports and we hope that we won't be those crazy parents yelling from the sidelines!! I will definitely be his biggest fan though!!
Every night we are graced with Cody singing his preschool songs. He brings his stool and guitar out and sings about 5-6 songs before going to bed. It's usually when we are trying to watch a TV show and he wants some attention. This particular day he had gotten to pick out a prize at his Speech Therapy for obtaining a certain amount of stickers/and mastering a sound. He picked out these glasses and decided to wear them that night. You just have to laugh and go with it. I have to admit that Cody is not afraid to be himself. He can be pretty funny at times and it's these types of moments that I love being a Mommy.