Thursday, May 1, 2008

A bit of summer in April

This past week we've had a few days that were pretty warm. When summer like weather hits...we head over to Daniel's parents to swim and cool off. Cody has been practicing holding his breath under water in the bath tub and looking forward to when he can jump off the diving board again. With his life jacket on, he thinks he's invicible! He will see Daniel do a flip off the diving board and then he says he wants to do it too. Luckily he thinks a flip is just turning after he jumps. I sit on the side of the pool with my legs in the water and cheer him on or take a few pictures. The pool has to at least 85 degrees for me to actually get in all of the way now days. But if it's warm enough outside I will sit on a floaty tube in the pool. I am a wimp when it comes to cold water. Here are a few pictures of Cody and Daniel getting crazy on the diving board! Daniel loves having a son that's as crazy as he is when it comes to trying tricks in the pool.
Cody trying to dive like Daddy
Daniel showing some air!
Cody trying to do a cannonball!
Cody jumping off of Daniel's shoulders

I am amazed over the past couple of years that Cody has been so brave when it comes to jumping into the pool but once you take his lifejacket off he gets too scared!