Friday, September 9, 2011

9/11


For the past week I have been trying to avoid at all costs the feelings that this sad day brings. I would change the channel on the T.V. or switch the radio station when they began to talk about it. I was surprised by my wave of emotion this year. Being the wife of a Firefighter it almost brings me to tears just thinking about what happened. Knowing that if my husband was working that day in New York he would have done the same thing those brave men and women did to try to help those in the towers . I always tell Daniel that I would be very mad if he would have gone into those towers knowing that he wouldn't be coming out. As upset as I would have been I know that it is only because he's a good person and was doing his job. It hurts to think of all those families who were affected and how cold and calculating those horrible terrorist were. But when it comes down to it I know that even I need to stand up for those lost and be stronger about the anniversary. I am truly grateful for those military men and women overseas fighting those who want to hurt us every day. Thank you isn't enough.
So for all of those out there, I hope you pause on Sunday and mourn with those families that lost the most precious thing...a husband or wife, a father or mother, a brother or sister or a friend. May we remember those lost.