Monday, March 19, 2012

Well, it's official. If you haven't heard yet Santa Ana fire will be no more as of April 20th. All of Santa Ana's guys will be picked up and hired by Orange County Fire Authority. The city of Santa Ana was in pretty bad shape, money wise (who isn't now days!) so instead of lay-offs they agreed to let OCFA come in and take over services. Santa Ana has had it's own Fire Department for 128 years so it's kind of sad to the guys. I guess OCFA really wanted to get Santa Ana a part of their county territory. I won't complain one bit we are just glad that Daniel has a job. He will be staying in Santa Ana to work but he will be at a different station. The sad part is he may never see some of the guys he's worked with for the past 8 years. There is going to be a lot of adjustments in the city and personal. This has been a major stressor at home (mostly with me) and it's good to finally be in the loop about what's going on. So I guess I will becoming a proud OCFA wife. It's going to take a while to get use to that.