Thursday, July 17, 2008

Foot Procedure

As most of you know, I had my foot procedure this week. I had Cody take some pictures as we were prepping my foot that morning. I had a topical cream that was suppose to numb my foot up a bit so that when the Dr. went in to give the injections to numb it wouldn't hurt as much. Then I had to wrap it up in Saran wrap to keep the mess under control. The topical cream didn't really do too much but I've had injections in my foot before so I knew what I was getting into. The pain only lasted a few minutes and then my foot was numb. Daniel got to watch the whole procedure and the Dr. explained to him as he was going what he was doing. It didn't seem to be as deep as the Dr. thought which was good. After he dug the hole I got to see the chunk of skin/wart that he dug out which was cool. They bandaged me up and sent me home with some supplies and a Rx for Vicodin and we were on our way. So far I haven't had any pain thanks to modern meds but am pretty out of it on them!
We had to change my bandages this morning and Cody kind of freaked out when he saw what was underneath the bandages. He ran in the hall, shut the door and kind of whined for a little bit. He wouldn't come near me for a little while too. I had to explain that it doesn't hurt and it all covered up again. Hopefully that doesn't give him nightmares!
For those who are interested I do have pictures of the hole in my foot but I didn't want to post them since I know some people don't like to see that type of stuff.

This is me the morning of and a bit nervous for the pain
Daniel being the good Paramedic that he is, helping me prep my foot with topical cream and Saran wrap
After the procedure-all bandaged up.
I so hope this will be the last of the planters wart!!
And for everyone else...don't wait 7 years to try to get rid of one, do it right away!