Friday, September 26, 2008

Possibly the end of the tunnel?

A quick update on the foot situation for those who are interested. I am seeing a new Dr. now. It's kind of bitter-sweet because my wonderful previous Dr. who is a dermatologist was not there the past appointment I had at the office, and the other Dr. at the practice that I saw told me there was nothing they could do for me at this point since I am not taking any birth control and that if I wanted to have another baby to go ahead and do that and then come back for treatment...!!! What??? I left with a weird feeling that my Dr. was leaving the practice so I was referred to another Dr. by a friend of the family. Come to find out, my previous Dr (the wonderful dermatologist) suddenly was diagnosed with a brain tumor, had the surgery, but soon after slipped into a coma and it is not looking good. I was shocked at the news and felt terrible. The man is only in his 30's and I know he has a small child! I sure hope his wife and family are doing okay. It's hard to internalize tragic situations like these and it really reminds you of how short life can be. I sure hope in his case that a miracle happens.
As for the update, this new Dr. has been dealing with these for years and seems really good. After seeing him again today he said that my foot is doing very well and he thinks that the planters wart is gone!!! Of course we will keep watching it but that's awesome news for me since I thought it was coming back.